Next Meeting :
April 25, 2017
Big Data - Robb Watson and Jason Merenda, Oracle
The world of Big Data is rapidly expanding into almost every nook and cranny of the IT community. The techniques and technologies of Big Data are able to provide new and valuable insights to myriads of aspects of the business. This month, Oracle's Robb Watson and Jason Merenda will be joining us to talk about what Big Data is, how is it used, and how you can leverage it to improve your own analysis.
How BIG is YOUR BIG DATA?
Does YOUR data have a story?
Fast, easy insight into your business can mean the difference between failure and success. Business Analytics gives you smart new ways to see the signals in your data.
With today's Oracle Big Data solutions, you can:
- Do your own visual analysis to find new patterns at a glance.
- Blend ANY data with a click, then share insights as a visual story, instantly mobile and available.
- Easy and engaging, secure and scalable - This is analytics every way you want it.
- Close the gap between agility that the business desires and the consistency that technology requires.
Jason Merenda is a Master Principal Sales Consultant with the Oracle Analytics North America team. Jason has twelve years with Oracle, focusing on Business Intelligence and Analytics. Prior to that, Jason spent three years with Siebel, focused on Analytics for CRM. He also has five years consulting with expertise in Telco, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail and Hospitality industries. When Jason is not supporting the BI community, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, golfing, and fishing. You can follow him on Twitter @jasonmerenda.
- Visualize data - Create rich visuals intuitively
- Blend data - Bring in multiple diverse data sets
- Share insights - With one or many
- Tell a story - Engage the listener
- Anywhere - Full mobile
- Connected - Cloud - Real time
If you plan to attend this meeting, please click here
For information on usual meeting locations and times as well as previous
meeting minutes and presentations please refer to the
For further information or enquiries regarding meetings please
contact the SOUG meeting coordinator.